5 Skincare Tips for Men
by Dr. Ramtin Kassir, M.D., F.A.C.S. | June 6, 2016, 4:05 p.m.
While most of us think that women are concerned about their skin, we have seen men at our office take preventive measures against facial aging.
Men have different skin than women, and require different products.
Here are our tips for men:
- Avoid smoking: besides harming our heart, lungs, and increasing the risk of cancer, smoking ages our skin faster. Heat from cigarettes directly burns the skin and it changes the elasticity of the skin and reduces Vitamin A and moisture.
- Get some rest: while we sleep, our body regenerates itself and renovates cells. Lack of sleep leads to melatonin reduction, and melatonin is a hormone that slows down the aging process.
- Exercise: Exercise helps rejuvenate cells. Physical activity helps oxygen and nutrients reach the capillaries of the skin, making it look more toned and youthful.
- Use a Cleanser: Wash your face with a gentle cleanser according to your skin type, never use soap, as soap strips away natural oils.
- Use sunscreen: It is recommended to apply a sunscreen with a broad-spectrum SPF, every day, even when it’s cloudy outside. Lack of sunscreen contributes to wrinkles, photo aging and skin elasticity.
For more tips, call our office at 973-692-9300 and schedule your skin evaluation!