Lip Filler After Care
by Dr. Ramtin Kassir, M.D., F.A.C.S. | Aug. 12, 2019, 3:51 p.m.
Congratulations! You’ve done it! You’ve gotten your lip fillers. Now its time to take care for your lips.
Lip filler aftercare tip #1: Don’t expect fullness to stay the same.
Swelling after your lip filler treatment is completely normal and the size of your lips immediately after treatment is not a true reflection of the final result. Minor swelling can last between a few hours or day, possibly longer, depending on multiple factors.
Lip filler aftercare #2: How to reduce the swelling after lip fillers.
- Apply ice to treated area
- Stay hydrated – drink plenty of water
- Focus on eating healthy foods like fresh fruits & vegetables. The vitamins and minerals will assist with the healing process
- Avoid strenuous exercise and extreme hot temperatures for 24-48 hours post treatment
- Processed foods or fast foods
- Heavy activity or exercise for the first two days after treatment
- Spicy foods
- Blood-thinning medications, including aspirin and ibuprofen (unless prescribed by your medical practitioner then please continue with these)
- Smoking and smoke exposure
Lip filler aftercare tip #3: Leave plenty of time for injectables prior to a big event, like a wedding.
It’s always best to start a new treatment well before a big event. We recommend that you allow a few weeks weeks for your cosmetic injectable treatment to settle.