What is NeoGraft and how is it different?
by Dr. Ramtin Kassir, M.D., F.A.C.S. | March 26, 2012, 9:02 a.m.
- NeoGraft is an automated and performed with new technology. The equipment takes micrografts or follicular unit extractions from the back of the head, each graft containing 1,2 or 3 (occasionally 4) hair follicles and then inserts them into the recipient's scalp.
- FUE (Follicular Unit Extract) is the best technique for performing a hair transplant that looks entirely natural.
- The automated NeoGraft takes each micrograft containing from 1 to 3 hairs individually, leaving a 1 millimeter hole which closes in a day or two with no sutures or staples.
- The result is no scar, faster recovery, less operationg time, less discomfort, and a higher graft "take" because of less follicular transaction. Generally up to 2,500 grafts can be taken and transplanted at one sitting.
The Top 5 Reasons Patients Favor NeoGraft:
1. No scar
2. Minimal pain
3. Minimally invasive
4. More hair survival at the donor
5. Shorter procedure, minimal recovery time