What is a Photofacial?
by Dr. Ramtin Kassir, M.D., F.A.C.S. | Sept. 3, 2019, 5:07 p.m.
A Photofacial is a treatment to reverse sun damage, even out facial color as well as improve tone and texture in the process.
A Photofacial can:
- tighten pores
- reduce the severity of acne
- reduce the appearance of or eliminate sun spots and freckles
- lessen hyperpigmentation
- treat skin flushing and skin redness
- reduce the appearance of acne scars
- reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- reverse sun damage
- treat vascular lesions such as rosacea
- improve facial contour
- tighten skin
- boost collagen and elastin production
Photofacial treatments also have an impact on acne, eliminating sebaceous gland activity and also constricting blood vessels to reduce the appearance of broken capillaries or spider veins. Also, targeting dark pigment which can reduce the appearance of dark marks.