Dr. Kassir is a triple board-certified surgeon and specializes in various hair transplant and hair restoration techniques in NJ. From FUE and FUT hair transplants to PRP hair loss treatment, there is a solution for people of all ages and concerns.
— Anonymous , July 28, 2014
ABOUT HAIR TRANSPLANT
by Ramtin Kassir, M.D., F.A.C.S. | Learn More About Dr. Kassir >
Kassir Hair Transplant Insitute of New Jersey
Dr. Kassir is rated as one of the top hair transplant surgeons in New Jersey. Not only does Dr. Kassir perform hair transplants with cutting-edge techniques, he is also an instructor and frequency trainer for these strategies. Physicians from around the world have shadowed Dr. Kassir on his techniques for hair transplant, making him a top hair transplant surgeons in New Jersey. Using only the newest robotic and surgical techniques, he has the ability to add the maximum number of grafts for the best results for each patient. Kassir Hair Transplant Insitute of New Jersey is able to provide results for patients at every stage and age for balding due to Dr. Kassir's 22 years of experience. When considering the right hair transplant surgeon, know that experience and training are essential. We treat balding that is genetic, age-related, medical disease or treatment-related, or gender-specific.
About Hair Transplant by Dr. Kassir
1. Dr. Kassir has performed hair transplants for 22 years
2. Dr. Kassir is an educator and frequently trains plastic surgeons on how to perform hair transplants
3. An FUE hair transplant does not leave a scar but a FUT hair transplant can have more grafts available
4. Kassir Plastic Surgery offers great financing options for hair transplant
5. Dr. Kassir is able to insert more grafts in a single procedure than many other plastic surgeons due to newer technology and experienced technique
6. Patients of Dr. Kassir recover quickly and are able to walk out with a cap on after surgery
As a patient, you can decide between the FUT(Strip) or FUE hair transplant.
In our FUT hair transplant, Dr. Kassir surgically removes a thin strip of skin from the back of the hair and individually removes units from this strip to insert into bald area of the head.
In our FUE hair transplant, Dr. Kassir removes single follicular units with a robot and inserts the unit back into bald patches on the head.
In our FUT hair transplant, Dr. Kassir may prescribe pain management medication along with our hair transplant post-op kit. While the scar heals, there may be mild discomfort until the stitches are removed.
Our FUE hair transplant does not have scarring or stitches, but the injury response to the small insertion wounds may have some scabbing that heals in 3-7 days.
FUE hair transplant is now reaching a similar cost to FUT due to the advances in robotic techniques. Kassir Plastic Surgery offers the newest robotic procedure for FUE hair transplant making it a quicker and more precise procedure than it was in the past. For FUT hair transplant, a 1mm scar or less remains in the back of the head for a few months if cared for with scar cream. Typically, this is not seen as hair grows over the area. Scabbing can occur in an FUE hair transplant due to the follicles being inserted.
Patients suffering from hair loss seek Dr. Kassir's Hair Transplantation procedure as an ultimate decision to restore their natural hair back. Hair transplants have become tremendously common and all the information out there can definitely be overwhelming. Let's establish some of the key points:
1. It's crucial to understand what makes you the right candidate.
The person's hair loss should be stabilized to ensure that the patient will receive optimal results. Hair transplant surgery does not stop hair loss progression. Dr. Kassir will help you assess if you will achieve the results you are looking for after surgery.
Generally, it is better to avoid hair transplant surgery at a young age or at the beginning stages of hair loss.
2. Hair transplant is not the same for everyone
Before going for a hair transplant surgery, it is important to remember that regrowth of hair is different for every person. Dr. Kassir's technique and equipment allows him to maximize your hair growth given your physiological limitations. The final outcome of the surgery really depends on how much hair you have in your donor area.
3. Transplanted hair can be treated like normal hair
You can treat your transplanted hair just like normal hair, once it starts growing. Transplanted hair is no different than the natural hair, it can be washed and treated as you like. With hair transplantation, the patient regains tons of confidence, and not to mention a fresh, new look.
4. Hair transplant is permanent
During hair transplant surgery, the hair is taken and transferred to any bald spots, it is permanent!
5. About the transplanted Hair
The transplanted hair does not fall out. Once the hair has begun regrowing it becomes a permanent part of your scalp. New hair continues to grow for about four months from the date of surgery. In about eight months period you can expect about 80% of total growth to be complete. Growth at the crown area usually takes the most time.
6. Post-surgery precautions are very important
When you plan your surgery, keep in mind that it will take time for you to go back to your normal routine. You should be prepared to dedicate at least the first several days to rest and take as much care of your transplanted area as possible.
7. Sleeping precautions
On your back only, and you cannot let your head touch anywhere especially the area where the implant was made. Hair follicles are extremely fragile during this time period.
Now let’s go through the real checklist you need to find your rhinoplasty surgeon. You should rank your rhinoplasty surgeon by the following 15 criteria.
1. Fellowships and special training (Many fellowships and training; and now Dr. Kassir is involved in new surgeon’s fellowship education and training)
2. Review of board certification (3X Board Certified in Facial Plastic Surgeon, ENT, and Sleep Medicine; a perfect combo for the nose)
3. State board license and disciplinary action (New York, New Jersey, Texas, and Florida)
4. American Society of Plastic Surgery status (We have this!)
5. Years in practice (22 Years after being 3x Board Certified)
6. Malpractice actions (Make sure your plastic surgeon does not have frequent law suits)
7. Number of procedures performed
8. Academic positions held (Many!)
9. Procedure specific positions held (Many!)
10. History of Top Doctor awards (NJ Monthly, RealSelf, AestheticShow,NewBeauty, and dozens more you can see in our office!)
11. Articles, chapters, books written related to a procedure (Involved in writing many presitigious chapters and articles with a focus on safety and quality results)
12. Lectures given related to a procedure (Every month Dr. Kassir is requested to lecture on different surgeries in conferences around the world)
13. Online patient reviews (Over 300 5 Star Reviews on Google & RealSelf)
14. Review of before and after photos for each procedure
15. Website review (All the before/after, info, and background you need!)
What to Bring to Your Hair Transplant Consult:
- 1. Your desired surgery date
- 2. A list of the vitamins, medications, and ointments you use
- 3. Any medical history, your insurance card (to check for partial coverage), and any reported breathing issues
- 4. Your own edited photo (any angle you want changed)
- 5. A portfolio of reference photos and goals that Dr. Kassir can use to craft your digitally edited image
- 6. Knowledge of Your Financing Options (Private, Care Credit, Alphaeon, Credit Care, or a Combination)
- 7. Excitement! A new head of hair can change your life. You will be happier, more confident, with the head of hair that was meant for you. This is exciting and we want you to be just as excited as we are.
Hair transplant pricing is based on the total number of grafts and is a case-per-case basis. Dr. Kassir is able to select the highest quality grafts and thus has a better yield in the overall growth of hair after the procedure. Having your hair transplant at Kassir Plastic Surgery can prevent the need for using PRP or having a second hair transplant after. Our great results are why Dr. Kassir is one of the top hair transplant surgeons in New Jersey.
Kassir Hair Transplant Insitute of New Jersey
Get the results you want the first time around. Hair Transplant cases at our institute are treated individually and a plan is made to maximize hair growth. From pre-care to after-care, we have novel strategies to ensure you get your old head of hair back. Book a consult now to get started.
As seen on
Hair Transplant Before & After Gallery
Hair Transplant Blog Posts
Which Hair Transplant is Right for me?
Hair loss can be a stressful condition to cope with, especially for young men in their thirties. Hair found on your pillow case in the …
Do Hair Hair Transplants Actually Work?
Each person has a different hair transplant experience from the next, all dependent on genetics and the skill of the surgeon. Many people expect to …
FUE Hair Transplant in NYC
The follicular unit extraction (FUE) hair transplant is a newer method of hair transplant surgery than follicular unit transplant (FUT). FUT involves extracting a section …