Rhinoplasty NJ or nose job NJ: Dr. Kassir is a rhinoplasty surgeon in NJ and a leading rhinoplasty expert. Find rhinoplasty answers and see results from one of the best reviewed rhinoplasty surgeons in NJ.
— Anonymous , July 28, 2014
by Ramtin Kassir, M.D., F.A.C.S. | Learn More About Dr. Kassir >
What is Rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty, or cosmetic nasal surgery, improves the shape and size of the nose. The procedure can remove a hump, change the shape of the nasal tip, and straighten the nose. The size and shape of the nostrils can be changed. The goal of rhinoplasty is often to achieve better harmony between the nose and the other facial features. Dr. Kassir is a triple board certified surgeon who has performed thousands of rhinoplasty surgeries for his patients and is considered to be one of the best Rhinoplasty surgeons in New Jersey.
Rhinoplasty has become one of the most popular facial plastic surgical procedures in recent years as more and more people seek to change the appearance of their noses. Many are unhappy with the nose they were born with while others have had the shape of the nose distorted from an injury. Disorders of nasal breathing and sinusitis often complicate the situation. A range of techniques are used to fully address the desired change in appearance as well as to improve nasal breathing and correct chronic sinus infections. Sinus surgery, if indicated, is done with endoscopes to avoid any visible incisions.
Rhinoplasty may be performed under general or sedation anesthesia on an outpatient basis. Most health insurance plans still provide some coverage for functional nasal surgery and sinus surgery.
Good Candidates For Rhinoplasty
Are you thinking about having a rhinoplasty surgery? Healthy teenagers and adults who wish to have an improvement in their nasal appearance are good candidates for the rhinoplasty procedure. The decision about having the rhinoplasty operation is a very important and personal one. You should first consult with Dr. Kassir at his surgical clinic in the Wayne, NJ, or Ridgewood NJ office before deciding on the operation. For most patients that undergo this nose job procedure, the results are life changing. Patients describe an increase in confidence and boost in self-esteem. The ideal NJ candidates for rhinoplasty are:
- You are unhappy with the size and/or shape of your nose.
- You have breathing problems limited to your nose.
- You suffered an injury that has altered the look of your nose.
- You have breathing problems.
- You are over the age of thirteen.
- You have good physical and emotional health.
How Much Does a Rhinoplasty Cost in NJ?
Prices for Rhinoplasty can range from $15,000 to $35,000 depending on:
- The type of rhinoplasty (primary or revision) - since revision rhinoplasties are more difficult they tend to cost more than primary surgeries
- The experience of the surgeon
- The location of the surgical facility where procedure is performed
- What work needs to be done on the nose - especially whether grafts (rib cartilage) need to be used.
Depending on the patient's insurance, functional components (septum, sinuses etc) may be covered.
As you make a decision to proceed with Rhinoplasty keep in mind 3 things: this is your face, so you should never compromise on quality! Is your surgeon experienced and do they have a proven record of creating beautiful noses? Lastly, do you have any breathing or sinus issues? It doesn't make sense to have a great looking nose that doesn't function properly.
Does Insurance Cover Rhinoplasty?
Insurance may cover some of the functional aspects of rhinoplasty. In other words, those procedures that improve breathing:
- opening sinus drainage pathways (endoscopic sinus surgery),
- shrinking large turbinates (turbinate reduction),
- straightening a crooked septum (septoplasty),
- valve surgery (placing cartilage grafts to stabilize the breathing passage).
Different Kinds of Rhinoplasty Procedures
Dr. Kassir performs many different kinds of rhinoplasty procedures in NJ, including:
What to Bring to Your Rhinoplasty Consult
- Your desired surgery date
- A list of the vitamins, medications, and ointments you use
- Any medical history, your insurance card (to check for partial coverage), and any reported breathing issues
- Your own edited photo (any angle you want changed)
- A portfolio of reference photos and goals that Dr. Kassir can use to craft your digitally edited image
- Knowledge of Your Financing Options (Private, Care Credit, Alphaeon, Credit Care, or a Combination)
- Excitement! A new nose can change your life. You make look younger, cuter, happier, and even less tired with the nose that was meant for you. This is exciting and we want you to be just as excited as we are.
As seen on
Rhinoplasty Before & After Gallery
Rhinoplasty Blog Posts
Are you a Candidate for Rhinoplasty?
Take this quick rhinoplasty test—-look in a mirror and answer these questions: Does your nose appear too large or too small for you? Do you …
What is a 10-Minute Nose Job?
What is a "10 Minute Nose Job"?Nonsurgical rhinoplasty ("10-minute nose job" using Restylane) by Dr. Kassir Correcting even minor deformities of the nose normally means …
Americans and Rhinoplasty Infographic by Dr. Kassir
Rhinoplasty, or nose job surgery, is the surgical procedure that involves changing the shape and size of the nose. The goal of rhinoplasty is often …
Rhinoplasty Questions & Answers
Why did I have an infection one year post-rhinoplasty?
An infection post-rhinoplasty can have many causes, including an infected implant, introduction of a foreign body, etc. When an infection occurs, patients are advised to look for the cause by having any mucus or discharge cultured and to take the antibiotics which are recommended by their surgeons.
Is there nerve damage during a rhinoplasty?
Generally, a typical rhinoplasty will involve cutting of sensory nerves within the skin, thus causing a decreased response to touch within the area for a period of several months. This is particularly apparent at the tip of the nose which undergoes the highest proportion of trauma during this procedure. Motor nerves, however, in particular the facial nerves which control the mouth and nose, should not be impacted during the surgery.
How soon can I get pregnant post-rhinoplasty?
If patients are trying to have a baby, it is advised that they wait at least 6-8 weeks before pursuing any vigorous activity like sex simply because of the risk of bumping the nose and also increasing blood pressure and triggering nose bleeds.
Can Alar Base Reduction be done simply on the nostril area?
Yes absolutely. It is possible for this procedure to be done without touching the tip or the bridge of the nose because the incision is made as a crescent shape on the inner wall of the nostril. However, it is rare for patients to expect a reduction in nostril area without reducing anything else, especially the tip.
Is the bulbous nose which I have post-rhinoplasty a sign that I need to do a revision rhinoplasty?
Even months post-rhinoplasty, the nose can still have a good deal of swelling which skews the appearance of the final results of the surgery. My best advice to patients post-rhinoplasty is not to worry too much about the appearance of the nose until at least 8 months post-rhinoplasty.